Friday, February 24, 2012

Snowy Weekend - Part 2

I'm not sure any of my ramblings could amplify this classic cold weather feast.  The picture kinda says it all.  It's one of those dishes that challenge you to resist closing your eyes to savor each bite.  I should be moderately embarrassed for that remark, but it's my sad and hungry truth.

Red Wine Braised Short Ribs (Click here for recipe)



I didn't adapt the recipe itself, but I deviated slightly on presentation.  It instructs to strain the sauce entirely, which I did.  But I just couldn't abandon those sweet, tender carrots and celery, so on the plate they went... well, before the kids devoured them.  Also, instead of serving atop mashed potatoes, I opted for buttered egg noodles coated sprinkled with grated Parmesan on the side.  Um, not sure why I haven't had those in about 10 years??  Divine! 

Well, now that temperatures are climbing to over 70 degrees (in February!!) less than week after the snow fell, I'm guessing that these cold weather dishes are not as inspirational as I hoped they'd be. But please tuck this seriously fab and cozy recipe away for if/when winter decides to return!

0 comments:

Post a Comment