Saturday, September 11, 2010

Mini Me - September 11, 2010

I'm almost embarrassed to post on a food blog that I dined on a Weight Watchers frozen meal of Sante Fe Rice and Beans for lunch today.  I mean, I know I am always advocating taking the time to explore, using fresh ingredients, creating something new, etc.  The reality of my day today, however, resulted in roughly 12 available minutes to both prepare and consume a mid-day meal, so the convenience factor reigned.  The reason I feel compelled to sharing is that it led to a gleaming moment for my four year old, Andrew.  I toasted two corn tortillas to enjoy as an accompaniment, ala baked tortilla chips.  Andrew looked on with such an eagerness that I knew he had to share.  I offered the tortilla, and he responded with the review, "It needs salt, Mom."  I was thrilled.  My imagination soared in that moment to a picture of us opening a restaurant together and bonding over the seasoning of our inventive dishes.  Then two minutes later, he comments, "Mom, I'm starting to be a big boy and growing hair, but you can't see it because it's still in my bones."    Perhaps I got a bit carried away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment